Skip to Content Skip to Main Navigation

Travel Resources

The Department of International Admissions & Immigration will assist you with your plans should you choose to leave the country for personal travel. Before you leave, it is important to inform the International Office in order to complete the necessary departure paperwork. You will also need to have your I-20 form signed by the designated school official in the International Admissions Office prior to your departure date.

When traveling outside the United States, you will need to have in your possession the proper documents to return to Dallas Baptist University in order to resume studies. These documents are:

  • A current SEVIS Form I-20 signed for travel in the DBU International Office.
  • A status letter from the DBU International Office (Request a Status Letter Here ).
  • A current passport valid for at least six months after the date of your reentry.
  • A valid and current visa.
  • Proof of necessary funds to cover tuition and living expenses.

Upon departure from the United States, you will need to turn in your current I-94 card to the Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry unless you are traveling to Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean Islands for 30 days or less.

Please contact the Department of International Admissions & Immigration if you have any further questions regarding your travel at (214) 333-6905 or via e-mail at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Copyright © 2013 Dallas Baptist University.   All rights reserved   |   Legal Disclosure