Upon acceptance at DBU, we will send you an acceptance letter and an I-20 for you to apply for your student visa. Please review the following steps after you have been accepted as a student to Dallas Baptist University:
- Review I-20 and Acceptance Letter from Dallas Baptist University.
- Obtain a valid passport.
- Before you apply for a student visa, you must pay the I-901 SEVIS fee (click here).
- Apply for an F-1 Visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- Notify DBU of your visa interview appointment.
- Check the visa waiting time in your country (click here).
The Department of International Admissions and Immigration would like to provide you with some helpful information as you apply for a student visa. Our intention is to help you understand the kind of questions you may face during your visa interview. It is essential to adequately prepare for your visa interview; applicants who are well prepared and confident in their responses to the visa officer have a higher success rate in obtaining a U.S. student visa. Your counselor is available by appointment to practice for your visa interview.