Skip to Content Skip to Main Navigation

Immigration Aid

On Campus Employment

Once you have secured an offer for on-campus, part-time employment. F-1 students will need to apply for a social security number. Only international students who have been offered and have accepted an on-campus job which meets the restrictions in their visa may apply for a social security number.

To apply for a social security card you will need to complete the following:

  • Bring a letter from your employer to the Department of International Admissions & Immigration, you may also have your supervisor email the department your job title and immediate supervisor's name.
  • The Department of International Admissions & Immigration will provide you with 2 letters: (1) a Social Security Status Letter and (2) Employer Confirmation Letter. Our office will sign the status letter and you will need your supervisor to sign the other employer letter.
  • Take the following documents to the local Social Security Office:
        • Passport
        • I-20 (all 3 pages)
        • I-94 card
        • Signed social Security Status Letter and signed Employer Confirmation Letter.

Processing time for your social security number will take about 2 weeks before you receive your social security card. Once you receive your social security card, you may contact your employer to begin working.


Dallas Baptist University
International Admissions
3000 Mountain Creek Parkway
Dallas TX 75211

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Skype ID: dbuglobal
Phone: +1 (214) 333-6905

Copyright © 2013 Dallas Baptist University.   All rights reserved   |   Legal Disclosure