Students applying for CPT must be an F-1 student who is enrolled in a full course of study continuously for at least 1 academic year. Post-graduate students who are required to take an internship as part of their program may also apply for CPT. Students may not begin working until they have received work authorization for your I-20. Please keep in mind, if your receive more than 12-months of CTP, this will disqualify you from receiving Optional Practical Training (OPT) upon graduation and completing of your academic program at DBU.
Eligible applicants for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) will need to complete the following:
- Find an Appropriate Internship.
- Download and Complete the CPT Application Form (Click here to Download Form)
- Collect necessary paperwork (including an Employer Offer Letter and supplemental documents showing the internship is an integral part of your program or academic courses).
- Submit all approved forms to the proper DSO (Designated School Official) in the Department of International Admissions & Immigration.
- If approved, you will pick up your new I-20 from the Department of International Admissions & Immigration.