Students applying for OPT must be an F-1 student who is enrolled in a full course of study continuously for at least 1 academic year. Student's must be in their final semester of course work and must be on the semester's University graduate list. OPT work should directly be related to your major field of study and should be appropriate for your level of education. Students may not begin working until they have received work authorization for your I-20.
The Application deadline for Optional Practical Training (OPT) is 60-days prior to your DBU graduation date.
Eligible applicants for Optional Practical Training (OPT) will need to complete the following:
- Confirm you have a valid passport for at least 6 months into the future.
- Download and Complete the OPT Application Form (Click here to Download Form)
- Choose an employment start date that will begin within 60 days of your graduation.
- Submit all approved forms to the proper DSO (Designated School Official) in the Department of International Admissions & Immigration.
While on Optional Practical Training (OPT) it will be required for you to communicate the following to Dallas Baptist University.
- Change of Address, Phone Number or E-mail Address within 10-days of moving.
- Employment information for your job, including the name of the company and contact information.
- Employment changes, including if your job ends or if you return home.